Saturday, January 28, 2012

learning to become the lion.

When I was younger I used to find joy in discovering what peoples names meant.
So naturally I looked up my own several times.
My name means "Lioness of God"
I looked up the definition of  "Lion" and found-

lion

 [lahy-uhn]    Origin

li·on

  [lahy-uhn]  Show IPA
noun
1.
a large, usually tawny-yellow cat, Panthera leo,  native toAfrica and southern Asia, having a tufted tail and, in themale, a large mane.
2.
any of various related large wildcats, as the cougar.
3.
a man of great strength, courage, etc.
4.
a person of great importance, influence, charm, etc., who ismuch admired as a celebrity: a literary lion.
5.
the lion as the national emblem of Great Britain.


Now naturally I do not believe that I am a cat. Nor do I by ANY means believe that I'm a celebrity. But I do hope to live up to having strength, courage, influence, and maybe even charm. 

I want to live up to my name. Lioness of God. I want to have courage to follow His example, His teachings, His commandments. I do have courage to do these things. I will do all that He requires of me. Without Him what is the point? There is none. Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ are my everything. 

Is it a coincidence that my name is Arielle? I think not. 
I don't really believe much of anything is a coincidence.
God has a plan and everything we do is incorporated in that plan. So even if my birth parents didn't do much for me. They did a little bit when they named me Arielle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment