Sunday, February 26, 2012

lover of memories. pillar of salt.

I am a lover of memories. That's who I am. I cherish my memories. I have a memory box that I've had since I was around 13 years old and it's filled to the brim with little trinkets and treasures from the past. I find it hard to let go of the things that brought me happiness in the past, even if they don't bring me happiness now. Somehow I maneuver around all of the bad things and the disappointments and the let downs and remember only the good, the bright, and the pretty. The past is the past. You can never have a future if you keep looking back.
Again and again into my mind this past week has come the story of Lot and his wife. When they left that wicked city and were commanded not to look back, Lots wife did not obey. She looked back, and she turned into a pillar of salt. I believe that if I keep looking and reaching for the past that maybe I will become such as she did. A pillar of salt. Useless in the hands of my Heavenly Father.

So I will cherish my memories. Continue to make new ones, but I will not become a pillar of salt.

Happy Sabbath Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment