Tuesday, April 22, 2014

birthing a baby, what they don't tell you! Part 2.

Well, here we are at part two!

(If you missed part 1. Just click HERE.)


Don't go into labor with expectations of how long or how short it will take, because you don't really know. My nurses were prepping me to push for two hours...I  pushed for 10 minutes and he was out. I've heard of women who have pushed for hours on end. So, it could go either way!

PUSHING FEELS GOOD! Contractions (at the end, when the babies head is bearing down and creating pressure.) Hurt like words I should not say. Just hold someones hand and listen for that sweet sweet word to come out of your doctors mouth. PUSH.

Don't always expect to get to hold your baby for a long time right away. I imagined having my baby. The doctor would place him swaddled up in my arms, and I would get to stare for hours on end. And although if your baby has no complications when born this may be the case. It wasn't for me. They took my baby after 10 min down to the nicu, which I got to hold him for 20 more minutes and then didn't touch him for the rest of the day. It sucked, and I was so sad. His Daddy didn't even hold him until day 2.

After having a baby you experience Lochia. Basically the longest period of your life. It sucks. And lasted about a month for me. I've heard of it lasting longer and rarely shorter for some people. It really wasn't too heavy and I could survive (after the first two days, in which case you might as well slapped a diaper on me) with just a pad afterwards. NO TAMPONS. Infection is high at that time. Plus a bunch of crazy stuff just happened down there. You need time to heal.

While we are on that eh hem. Subject. Let me tell you that numbing spray and ice will be your best friend. Your doctor will give you all of that stuff. USE IT. And don't be embarrassed for them to see everything. They've seen it a million times, and you will want the help. You'll be tired for days, haha.

Well that's the end of our birthing a baby convo, but tune back in for E's first Easter, and a post on the beginning stages of breastfeeding.


No comments:

Post a Comment