Wednesday, May 18, 2011

and that was my "lightbulb" moment. when i went to get my lightbulbs turned on.

The other day I was getting my power turned on. (my first time ever doing something like that, scary!) The lady who was giving me the paper work was talking and then she said something that really struck me and made me think. Something along the lines of. "People don't realize it but the younger generation these days are working really hard to make the world a better place." I pondered that and came to the conclusion that she was right. I realized that a lot of times we all look at the world as such an awful scary place, where everyone is misbehaving and not caring. But at the same time we are doing things our mothers and fathers never dreamed of doing. The lady at the office was specifically speaking about how we are all trying to go green and become eco friendly. Which I am personally all for 100%. I love mother earth. But we are also stronger. We are a blessed generation. It seems as if the cliques are starting to disperse and everyone is becoming their own unique person. We are realizing that our Heavenly Father made all of us different for a reason. We don't have to be like that girl on the magazine. We don't have to smoke and drink and party to be accepted. Stick to your values. I think that everyone is starting to realize our true potential. And that was my lightbulb moment when I went to get my lightbulbs turned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment