Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Why I Hate Religion, But Love God.: Response

I was going to make a blog post about this, but for now I'll just make a status. I'm sure that a lot of us have seen the video "Why i Hate Religion, But Love Jesus". I watched it and was almost sickened. Some of the things he says such as "Church is a hospital for the broken, not a museum for the good people", I loved. I'd actually heard that years ago from one of my very close friends during church one Sunday. I agree when he speaks of people claiming to love God on the outside but not following up on the inside, but this has nothing to do with Religion. This is the weakness of the man himself. Religion isn't based on men. It comes from our God. I don't agree with hating religion. Jesus didn't hate religion. In fact he encouraged it. If any of you claim to believe in that video, than you are believing nothing but a man. He isn't speaking the word of God, he's speaking his own twisted opinion. He has hate for religion because he doesn't understand. If you don't have your religion. Think about it...what do you really have? God and Religion go together.

The definition of Religion: "a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs."

Think about what you would have if you didn't have that? Probably not much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment