Friday, May 2, 2014

Why did you say that?

I asked Kyle last night why he told me that he loved for the first time all those years ago.

It was peculiar that he had said it. Because he had very straight forwardly told me that, "I will never tell anyone but my wife that I love them." So my little 18 year old heart assumed that all hope was lost.

And then he told me. One starry night in Georgia. In a church parking lot. We were shivering after sharing a strawberry milkshake. He held me tight looked over my shoulder with wide eyes and said, I think...I think I love you." He was scared, and so was I. Because I knew he was the best thing that had ever happened to me and if I ever had to stop loving him after beginning, I knew it would be near impossible.

After all of that, I knew he didn't have intentions of marrying me.

So last night I remembered and I wanted to know why he even said. And he told me and I melted.

I love him so.




PC: Rachel Mariesa Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment