Saturday, March 19, 2011

dating a brown boy

                                            "  You date a brown boy? Thats messed up. "



This is what I got told today by an 11 year old little boy. I find it sad that people today are still unaccepting. The pigment in a persons skin should not matter. What matters is their heart. All of our hearts are the same color. So world. Teach your children to love those around them. Brown boys and girls and all of the other beautiful and unique ethnicities we have the privledge to color our world beautiful.

One thought that often wanders into my mind is the fact that we are all brothers and sisters. Not the opinion or the guess. The fact. No matter where I am...walmart, church, work. Everytime I talk to someone or watch an interaction between others what goes through my  mind is that whoever I am talking to is my brother or sister. I hope to be able to treat everyone as such. So try to keep that thought circulating. We are all closer than we seem!!!!


But if you're thinkin' bout my baby. It dont matter if you're black or white.

No comments:

Post a Comment